Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Roots Blower: Almost done with the design

All i need to do now is print out the drawings and cut a prototype out of plastic or some type of hardwood.

I think my next few posts will be the drawings/blueprints of the individual components. 

If I make this out of wood I would probably just print out the drawing, glue it onto a block of wood and jigsaw out the profile of the part.

If I am to use this as a supercharger as originally planned, this would need to be made out of aluminum at least... as I'm sure gasoline and wood does not mix well especially if I am trying to keep close tolerances on the wood.


Ed V said...

That's cool, I have been drawing a roots supercharger as well. Although I'm using inventor, (I'm much better with inventor over autocad). My design has 2-lobe rotors, and yes they are drawn correctly (that took some time/figuring). I am almost done (I think, it always seems that way and then I find another feature to tweak, and work out the "bugs").
The next bug for me to work through is, bearing layout. I cannot find any sources that show how supercharger bearings are normally set up, but once I find out, I will reach another turning point (ordering bearings that fit- ).
Those are the last couple steps before I bring my finished design to my neighbor ,who works with CNC machines, to mill some parts out.

I like this thread, nice blog-
Ed V

Unknown said...

I've developed a similar supercharger Roots 2 lobes. I used a differente equations for the profile. if you want,I'll sent you some photos.

steve said...

الرائد من افضل شركات الخدمات المنزلية في المملكة وخدماتها تغطى كل المنطقة العربية للمزيد قم بزيارة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بمكة شركة غسيل خزانات بمكة
افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة افضل شركات تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمدينة المنورة افضل شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة شركة نظافة بالمدينة المنورة